Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Recovery I

About this time a week ago I was leaving the operating room. Drs had just finished the most critical step of this whole cancer process - the removal of the cancer and cleaning the margins... It's been a tough week, yet recovery is going well. I've been able to walk slowly with the help of my new friend - a walking cane. Since Sunday I've been on and off my pain medication - most times off. Yesterday I went to the Conference Office for 2hrs to attend the Executive Committee. My leg reacted well and it was very encouraging.

Friday evening I removed the dressing and looked at the incision for the first time. It's long, as you can see in the picture, but it's healing well. I'm starting to feel some of the same sensations I felt few days after the biopsy. When nerves are trying to 'resuscitate' you feel a lot of weird feelings such as electric shots running up and down the leg... this is going to last for a while, I know. For now I must concentrate in getting enough rest and proper healing before radiation treatment.

No comments: