Friday, January 27, 2012

Recovery II

Sorry friends for the loooooooong time without a word since my last post. I finally got myself motivated again to share some updates about my recovery.

Seven weeks have gone by since the second surgery and I'm feeling very well. The incision healed nicely, and the scar I'm left with isn't so bad. The first four weeks were kind of hard. I had lots of pain and very limited mobility. It was only after the holidays that the pain and the burning sensation began to fade away. In fact, for the past two weeks, I've experienced very little pain. What has bothered me a lot though is the swelling. My knee, ankle and feet get really big after a normal day of work. That's worrying me some. Because of that, I've decided not to wear socks or shoes. That's right, I go to work wearing suit, tie and slippers - quite a site :)

I've started physical therapy, which is helping to regain all the movements. It's supposed to help with the swelling as well, but I've not seen any difference yet. Maybe because it's just the beginning, I don't know.
Nevertheless, I'm very pleased with how much I can do already with my leg. If things continue like this, I hope to be able to play soccer and tennis again with my boys before the Summer gets here :0

I start radiation treatment on Monday, and that's what my next post will be about.

1 comment:

Denny said...

Kleiton, I'm glad you are feeling a litlle bit better...I wish I'd have words good enough to say to you...but unfortunately I don't realy know...but believe me I pray to God to give you all the strengh you need right now to pass through to this tough times,may God give you faith and peace and make sure that you feel that He is on your side (witch I'm sure he is)...we (me & Eliel)ha a great "carinho" for you and Delma, and your family as well, so we'll keep you&your family in our prayers...you can count on this...abs Denise