Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cat Scans

Because Myxoid Liposarcomas are unique and it may spread to any part of the body, I had to do three cat scans: Chest, Abdomen, Pelvis... they got scheduled for Wednesday before thanksgiving... I had them all done in about 2hrs (with contrast) and came home with the images, but had to wait till Monday 28th for the report.

I can honestly say that those days (Th-Mon), waiting to know whether I had cancer elsewhere, were very difficult for me and my wife. It makes one think about what is really important in life and, in my case, brougth me closer to God... BTW, I dont know how people face similar situation(s) without God. 

On Monday, Nov. 28, I headed to Sinai Hospital for a doctor's appoint. and to receive the report of the cat scans. Before I saw Dr. Aboulafia a physician assistant examined me. She asked if I knew the result of the Cat Scans, and shared the great news "It is clean, no metastasis." That was one of the best news ever. I was soooo relieved!!! I called my wife and parents to share the good news... God is good and he continues to have plans for me. Now, I have to wait till Tuesday, Dec. 06, for my next surgery and in January start radiation.

1 comment:

Telma Witzig said...

Tenho orado intensamente por vcs durante todo esse tempo...