Saturday, December 10, 2011

Surgery Report

I woke up from surgery around 6 pm. I don't know why but the nurse was trying to convince us that I should go home that same evening (crazy!!!). She had no idea what she was suggesting. I was feeling terribly sick! I couldn't keep my eyes open, I was throwing up, and D had to keep reminding me I had to breath... That was a loooooong night. In the morning, however, I was feeling much better. My cousin came to see me and a bunch of other people from different departments showed up to make sure I was okay before I go home. A PT brought some walking devices for me to try. The walker was too big, and after trying the crutches I decided for the walking cane... It's been very helpful to have it at home.

Around 12pm a Resident that helped dr. Aboulafia showed up to talk to me. I was eager to get the report about the surgery... He said everything went well. They had to take a small nerve out that was intimate with the tumor and that will result in some permanent numbness in parts of my thigh. They also removed part of the Sartorius muscle in order to clear the margins. They were satisfied with the procedure and they believe they took all the cancer out.

So far, besides numbness, I didn't notice any deficiency in mobility (I know it's early to say anything). I still have most of my movements, and I realize it is early to evaluate cause I'm very handicapped still due to a recent procedure. Yet I hope and pray I'll be able to regain strength in the thigh and have enough mobility to continue to enjoy things I love such as playing ball with my boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your story of miracles. We will be praying for you at TEACH Services during our worships and in my own personal worship for a quick recovery. God will be by your side every step of this journey.