Thursday, October 15, 2015

The future



(Written on October the 8th)

Everything so far indicates that I'm out of remission, a medical term which means the cancer has returned. It’s been exactly four years since my first diagnose. My children were much younger, but they remember everything. Unlike 2011, this time I live thousands of miles away (Egypt) from my treatment options. No more the convenience of a fifteen-minute ride to the doctor’s office and a couple minutes to the radiation treatment place. I'm writing these words from the plane flying over the Atlantic Ocean. In a few hours I'll be landing in Virginia and then on to Maryland for I journey that only God knows how and when will finish. 

If for whatever reasons you're afraid of the future, uncomfortable about the unknowns of life, meditate on the words found in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, 'declares the Lord,' plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" - What else could I ask for?!

1 comment:

Courtney White said...

Praying for you, Kleyton, and that God's will be done.