Monday, October 19, 2015

Good News

No metastasis, PRAISE THE LORD!!! No words to express how I feel at the moment. I was really concerned about my CTs. But the Lord is good and has performed another miracle. Thank you Jesus!!!

On Thursday I met with Dr. M to discuss my case and treatment options. She will perform surgery on Wednesday morning at 7:30 a.m. (EST). She will take more margins this time and is concerned about wound related issues. Because I received a high dose of radiation on my leg during my first cancer treatment, and the margins will be bigger, there is a high risk of wound problem(s). This is the focus of my prayers at moment. My recovery will take longer compared with four years ago. However, no radiation or chemo has been recommended this time, Al-hamdulillah! ('praise the Lord' in Arabic :)

One of my favorite Bible passages is found in Matthew 6:25-34. If you are facing any problems today, going through a detour in your life, I invite you to read this passage of scripture today. There, you learn to take one day at a time, seek God first, rest your cares upon Him, and trust that He will take care of you - what a beautiful and complete picture of God. Is there any better promise for me and for you today? I'm going through my detour with Him. How about you?




4 comments:

Hadassah Doss said...

So thankful! God is good!! Prayed for you, and Delma, and the boys today. Looking forward to having you all with us again soon:) Will be praying for you LOTS today and tomorrow as you prep and undergo treatment.

Hadassah Doss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denny said...

Soooooo happy for you my friend and sooooo good news!!! Praias the Lord!! Nós temos orado por vc todos os dias, especialmente
nos. cultos de sexta a noite ao Pr de sol....vc tem sido nosso pedido especial a Deus...essa semana já poderemos começar
a agradecer pela 1a benção !! Muitas outras virão com certeza porque ..." Eu sei os planos que tenho pra vc diz o Senhor...."
Jer. 29:11 abraços da família Unglaub

Teresa Clark said...

This is an amazing answer to prayer already and we thank God for the encouraging news. Everyone here is asking about you and praying for you and we all miss you and your dear family so much. We believe God has a big mission here to accomplish and will bring you all back to us soon. We pray for a speedy recovery and for God to continue to be with you as you face this surgery tomorrow. The surgery itself comes with it's own challenges and we pray there are no added complications. Give our love to the family and just remember your whole church family is Egypt will be lifting you up tomorrow. God bless you!!