Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Detour # 2


It’s hard to believe but here I am, taking another detour.  Like before I want to use this blog to accomplish three things: (1) keep family and friends informed. (2) keep a journal of my walk with God through the situation. (3) encourage those who might be going through a difficult time (detour) in their lives.


Honestly, I had no intentions of blogging on this topic again :-) (I actually don't like to blog) yet life is full of detours and I’m going through another one. Detours: sooner or later it happens to all of us. I don't know why it’s happening again. I choose not to ask. I believe there is a purpose for everything under the sun (Eccles 3:1), and it might be that this illness is for the glory of God, just like in the story of Lazarus (John 11:4). 

I'm going through tests and doctor's appointments this week. I'll know more about my situation in a few days. It's hard to describe the feeling of such a moment; a time when your life gets off the ordinary path and moves into unknown and rough terrain. The future is in God's hands. For now my soul gets comfort and hope in the beautiful words of Psalm 91.

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.” (v.1-2)


May your trust be in Him and may your detour bring glory to God as well.

3 comments:

Nancy V. Cabaluna said...

You are being prayed for Pastor Kleyton.

We are an SDA couple here in Jeddah, KSA. We've been here for 18 years. My husband as an Overseas Filipino Worker and me as his dependent.

Very recently, October 8-10, 2015, Pastor Steven Manoukian visited us here and is now in the Western part of Saudi Arabia. He'll return home on the 18th of October.

I sent you a message in your Facebook account. I just hope you read it.

I have proven the pure fresh carrot juice and other vegetable juices to mix with carrot, to be very beneficial to cancer-stricken friends. It is okay even if you are taking your medicines. Please do the juices for it will help increase your immune system to fight against the disease. It's only that some foods must be eliminated from your diet.

We've proven it with our brethren here. They are well now as of this moment. They became vegetarians too.

We can communicate together through the internet. We are here to help you.

manonmission said...

Courage Kleyton, God will be with you through this! Prayers!

Denny said...

Oi Kleyton,
Sinto muito que voce esteja passando novamente por esse processo dificil e doloroso...vamos orar por voce com certeza, pode contar com isso..Já disse uma vez, e volto a reafirmar que admiro muito voce e sua familia, até hoje me lembro daquele sermão que voce fezna passagem do ano, em Floripa, na igreja do Estreito. Na verdade gostaria de me lembrar ou de te-lo completo, pois me marcou muito na época, e ainda lembro de algumas frases mais marcantes. Acompanho seu trabalho, de longe, e vejo claramente que voce acredita e segue aquilo que prega!!! Deus tem um carinho especial por voce, posso ver isso claramente...mas infelizmente o inimigo vê isso também...e ele não medirá esforços pra te derrubar...Felizmente , Deus é muito maior e mais poderoso, e Ele estará com voce em cada momento...como diz meu verso favorito "...Eu sei os planos que tenho pra voce..." Compartilho esse verso de Jer. 29:11 com voce, desejando que ele te conforte, assim como tem sido pra mim há muitos anos...abraços ,Denise