Thursday, April 26, 2018

Thank you!

I am writing this post exactly 12 hours before my arrival time at the hospital. I am in peace at the moment but it is beginning to sink in. I hope to have a peaceful night of sleep and be well rested in the morning.

The main reason I am taking time to write this post is to thank each one of you for amazing words of encouragement and for your intercessory ministry on my behalf. I have read each message on the comments below, Facebook page, WhatsApp, emails, etc., that came literally from all over the world. I have been overwhelmed by so much love and care. I know God will honor your faith and requests for me and my family. Thank you!

Today my boys stayed home with me. The weather was great and we spent a lot of time outside playing ball. We went to two parks near our home and played for approximately four hours (2hrs of basketball and 2hrs of Soccer). I know there will be significant physical limitations from now on but I am not planning to quit. This is just a detour, not retirement. 

Playing with my boys this morning and enjoying their company was so special. It made me think of how little attention we pay to the things that matter most in life. Why do we get so busy with our own stuff and all kinds of temporary matters and neglect time with those we love more than anything on this planet... My boys just left. They are spending the night at a friend's home. I'll see them again on Sabbath afternoon. They said goodbye to me and my leg. They seem to be okay. I hope they are. I hope my detour teaches them that God is good, all the time, and can be trusted, no matter what.

My bible text for today is a bit long but it conveys the thoughts of my heart as I embrace the challenging days ahead with confidence in a God who is "too wise to err and too good to be unkind" (Spurgeon).

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35, 37-39.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, such a perfect text for this moment. God has put His word in your heart, what a comfort to know nothing can separate us from Him. Thank you for sharing. Prayers are streaming upwards.

Denny said...

Kleyton, eu não posso nem tentar imaginar o que você e sua família estão passando nesse momento , pelo simples fato de que nunca passei por isso...mas sei com certeza que não é fácil....Difícil é saber o que falar pra você nessa hora, quando leio suas palavras e elas parecem mais reconfortantes do que as minhas...Admiro imensamente a sua fé e a sua certeza....por isso creio que Deus estará com você sempre!!!! Então deixo aqui mais uma vez o meu verso favorito Jeremias 29:11 e a certeza que estamos em oração por você e sua família. Fica com Deus...
Denise & Eliel

Gisele said...

Continuo orando por ti e tua familia. Que o bom Deus continue guiando a vida de vcs, protegendo do mal e armadilhas de Satanás, pois seu ministério e missão com Jesus sao muito importantes and “God is not finished with you yet”. Que esse detour sirva simplesmente pra abrir seus olhos pra ver o tamanho do amor de Jesus por vcs! Fica aqui meu abraço e um lembrete de que tudo podemos nAquele que nos chamou para o Seu serviço!

HT said...

I am glad you took time with the boys. As you know, that has been one of my burdens - that we so often get so busy doing even good things that we put off for another day the really important things. Thank you for continuing to minister to us through this challenging time. You are probably in surgery now. We have been praying for you and the family a lot and will continue to. May God be very near.
PS I spent two years on crutches as a teenager and learned to play football (soccer) pretty well. My brother say I had an unfair advantage because of the extra "legs" (they tried to claim they were hands and shouldn't touch the ball because I held them in my hands. I pointed out that I walked on them so they were feet :-)

Unknown said...

Dearest Pastor Kelyton and Delma,

We have been lifting you up in our prayers this week in Turkey. We interceded in tears on your behalf before the One who never fails us or forsakes us. We prayed for peace for your heart and the family. We continue to pray for you trusting that this is happening for the gory of God in your lives.

Stay strong! Much love.
Rufaro & Sylvia Haruperi

Unknown said...

Em oração constante aqui em Curitiba. Muitas pessoas intercedendo por você e os seus. Deus não desampara Seus filhos.

Com apreço

Hulda e Valter
27/04/18