Saturday, March 3, 2012

Almost There

Five weeks down, two more to go. Looking forward to the end of my radiation treatment.

Before I started the treatment, I listened to many different people who traveled a similar journey. Based on their experiences, I was ready for a very challenging road ahead, but It's been better than I expected.
 
Here is what I've been feeling:
1. Fatigue - I did not feel any signs for four weeks. This past week, however, it hit hard. It's more noticeable early in the morning and mid afternoon.
2. Skin Reaction - The scar and surrounding areas are irritated. I've used a special cream designed for radiation patients. It's very expensive and very effective. I've also put compress of Chamomile flower every night. These two seem to keep the reaction under control.
3. Muscle Pain - This side effect was not on my list and it's the one bothering me the most. I've been sore to the point of limping a little bit.
4. Swelling - The radiation has also aggravated the swelling. It will be a long fight, even after the radiation treatment.

I hope the radiation is doing its work. I'm doing my part and trusting God is doing His. There is a Bible verse that says: "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God" (Psalm 20:7). I've seen many who have put their trust in doctors and treatments only. I, however, decided to put my trust in God. If you're facing a detour in your life, be thankful for 'chariots' and 'horses,' but put your trust in God, in God alone.

No comments: